Sunday, October 30, 2011

Gustave Lorentz, Pinot Noir 2008



This wine reminds me of being an altar boy, stealing wine from the priest's closet, just to loosen up a bit for the Sunday performance, etc.

I forget how much this bottle of wine costs, but it was about $2000, maybe a little less.  A little pricey, for my tastes; just a poor altar boy from the outback, patentless, patient, educated by Jedi's.

But it is the type Pinot I enjoy, as if it is from another time, and I don't mean 2008, I mean from my childhood.  It tastes like the wine I used to sneak/steal from my friends parent's houses, though in all honesty that was probably only Me, and Ernest and Julio, down by the schoolyard.  Who knows, it was perhaps a 2 liter plastic "bottle" of wine cooler, and not even wine at all; some vile carbonated soda with alcohol mechanically swirled into it, for sales.

Wait, it was Bartles and Jaymes, I remember now, it is all coming back to me, like a court testimonial.


I once took a bet.  The year must have been 1984.  The bet was that I would drink a 2 liter bottle of wine-cooler in less than 10 minutes.

I did.


It took much less time to forever purge my body of the vile liquid.  It happened towards the rear of the Ponderosa steakhouse parking lot on S.R. 436, in Altamonte Springs, for those interested in checking the facts....

There were many witnesses, though none reliable, other than your faithful wine critic, of course.




.

1 comment:

  1. "it took much less time to forever purge my body of the vile liquid." The mark of a truly funny line is when you absolutely know with a certainty that it is coming, yet it still makes you laugh. I feel your pain brother...

    ReplyDelete