Tuesday, October 11, 2011

pro-mis-Q-ous





This wine was $10, and that's exactly what it tastes like.  They didn't even bother putting the vintage year on it, meaning it was likely made from the harvest of a few different years.  It's the type bottle of wine that is cute to bring to a dinner party and slip in with all of the nicer wines, hoping that nobody will notice, or if they do, only that they'll think the label is cute, or provocative, fuck-worthy.

I suppose you can't blame them.  I mean, it is clearly advertised as only being "california red table wine" and that's exactly what it is, though not bad by that standard alone, table wine.

To be perfectly honest this is what I was referencing in my last post.  That I am fast becoming an ignorant wine snob.  I very well might have thought that this wine was vaguely wonderful a few years ago.  My taste for wine has increased in the last few years and I can feel the sense of savor suddenly raising its expectations of self, since Sonoma... alliterally....

I don't mind.  I could use some change in my tastes, even if they are for the worst, and semi-permanent..... It is called preference promiscuity, intercourse inclination, a danger dive.

It is also called other things, based on chance circumstance, the accidental dance, drunken wine rants.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment