Sunday, October 9, 2011

Francis Coppola Pinot Noir 2009





I am on the precipice* of snobbery,  I've been practicing my exaggerated sighs, etc.  It's becoming increasingly difficult to enjoy cheap wines.  I try to keep the price of the wines I'm buying under $20, and that is usually easy to do, while still getting some very good wines, but if I go below $10 I often suffer.  I used to be able to find, and enjoy, many wines for right around the $10 range.

People warned me that this might happen and it is to be fought.  It is difficult to regain simple joys.  I know.

I've had this ubiquitous Pinot before, many times.  A good friend back in New York stock-piled the stuff and I would come over to his loft and drink his wine whenever he would let me.  It is a good and easy wine to agree with, not great, but very drinkable and consistent.

I rushed the picture of it... I used a flash.... something I rarely do.  It was getting dark when I got home and I couldn't seem to get a stable shot of it.  So be it.

Because the second "P" is washed out from the flash it looks like "COP OLA"... I was going to write about the entire thing as if it were cop wine, a Pinot made especially for cops, but I got bored with idea before I even started.


* I considered using the word "verge" but it didn't seem good enough for the new snobbery, me.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment