Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Robert Mondavi, Pinot Noir 2010, Private Selection





At $6 a bottle I'm not sure what qualifies this as being from the "private" selection, unless you consider a grocery store a place where private transactions occur.  But the wine is okay.  Ok?

It does not have the depth or richness of the 2008 Pinot that I reviewed previously, but it is neither arrogant nor misguided. If this wine gets its own domain-name one day it might really compete with Google Sauvignon. But right now it's conducting itself in much the same way that a teenage runaway does... overstatement and hyperbole, gross exaggeration of fact, of experience.  I should know, I ran away from home many years before they finally kicked me out.

I was thinking... so many things can be ripped unseen from the hands of industry... so much media, so much content, can be just lifted from the aether.  Why not wine?

I want to remodel an internet in which great bottles of wine might be torrential.


No, scratch that.

I have an even better idea...

Fight for a greater depth of information, a semblance of the analog, a whisper of the whimsy.

Let's rob the blanks, empty the drawers, sniff the panties of eternity.
Let's grab the cash, let's hitchhike askance, take pictures of far consequence.
Let's fear neither rock nor roll, less dance, let us stance.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment