Thursday, November 3, 2011

Firefly Ridge, Cabernet Sauvignon 2009





I read an interesting article about taste recently, here it is.  It doesn't say much new, but it is worth the quick read.  It posits that music affects how we feel about the wine we drink, how it affects our "taste."

It would be great if a great album would make average wines taste much better.  Perhaps they do. The sense of smell still controls the tongue, however.  It is true, of course. There is no sense in drinking nice wine when you are congested, though some might say that one shouldn't be drinking at all when sick. But it is truly a waste to do so when you can not smell the richness of the wine.

So tonight I am drinking a cheap bottle of Cabernet.  It is passable at best. I enjoyed the wine from last night much more, for the same price.

Well, speaking of the things one is not supposed to do... I have eaten a Vicodin because I am in pain.  It is somewhat preventative when it comes to writing.  I will go now and watch Ugetsu.

My readership has fallen somewhat dramatically since I've started writing this wine blog.  Perhaps I will start a foreign-language film-blog and cut my reader-base in half again.

Soon I will be back to just writing emails.
C'est la vine....



.

No comments:

Post a Comment