Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Trefethen Dry Riesling 2009





I remember scarcely nothing at all about this wine.  We were headed over to visit some new acquaintances in Glen Ellen so we brought it along.   We started to drink this bottle, decided that it was not quite cold enough from the drive over, drank a bottle of rose wine, then went back to the Riesling when we had finished the rose.

It was dry and cool.  My adjectives for it, gentle and glistening.

We played a game of bocci ball in the front yard, next to the rows of grapes. I lost by one point. It was my first game ever... so I will retire to study various strategies, and then practice and practice, afterwards I will make my triumphant return. Bocci ball is quite popular here.  I will dominate in this sport. It is a leisure sport so the locals will not expect a strong outsider coming in to command in this way, etc.

It occurred to me that I really should be linking to the vineyards sites, so here.


No comments:

Post a Comment