Sunday, August 28, 2011

Longboard 2008





I am not a wine expert.  I am barely a wine amateur.  I recently moved to Sonoma, California with my wife and as part of that move I had mentioned my desire to start writing entries about wines.

We have a friend that is a sommelier and I had joked with my wife about becoming a sommelier myself and tracking that progress on a journal site, a blog, as it were.  Whether or not I actually pursue becoming a wine steward is inconsequential.  I had thought that it would provide me yet another way of being absurd.

The wine from the vineyard above was delicious.  We had the Point Break 2008 on two different occasions, both with food (chicken) and without.  Found at the local Whole Foods for about $19.99 it leads off this lay experiment in amateurism.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment