Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Robert Mondavi, Pinot Noir 2008





I have reviewed this wine once before, sort of.  Instead of writing about the wine I wrote about my reactions to the flat mockumentary, "Mondovino."  I have more to say on that subject but tonight I will write about the wine, alone.

Wine and wine culture are impossibly pretentious.  It really brings out the secret snob in many. The overt wine snob is beyond consideration, unworthy of print.

I have tried to write about my wine experiences here, but it is difficult.  Drinking wine and writing do not always produce readable results.  A friend sent me a quote from Hemingway today.  I will have to do some research and see if he actually said it, or more properly, wrote it.

The internet eagerly says so, but we know about trusting that correctionless sphere of www. error perpetuity.

The quote came across as, "Write drunk; edit sober."  I did a search and also found, "Write drunk, revise sober." which sounds more like Hemingway, but I am not the expert.  We will ask one of them and then we will see.

In the morning we will all be wiser.


Ok, I had truly hoped to write a post for this site tonight, it's been more than a month now.  But it was not meant to be.  There are other forces at work.

Greater forces, further even than the demonic Mondavi.

To them I now retire.


The sleep of seizure produces, haunts her. - Go'ye



.

No comments:

Post a Comment