Thursday, January 12, 2012

Caretaker Pinot Noir, 2009





The experts say that Hemingway very likely did not ever say, "Write drunk, edit later," even in jest towards another.  He famously wrote and revised in the mornings and did not drunk until after he was done writing for the day. I have a book of Hemingway quotations, his wisdom concerning the act of writing. When I unbox my books I'll search and see if I can find a source for it.  Perhaps this time the experts are wrong and the internet is right.

The wine above was purchased at Trader Joe's.  I have tried to be a fan of the Trader Joe wine store but it is a very patchy collection offered there.  The wines either seem to be remarkably drinkable at $7 a bottle, or indigestible grape flavored Smirnoff at $10 a bottle.

But I can almost respect a grocery store that's willing to commit to bold lies.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment