Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ravens Wood Cabernet Sauvignon 2009





I drank this bottle after yesterday's Spiral Wine selection. In truth I began drinking it before I was even done with writing that post. Now anybody will tell you that drinking two bottles of wine, back to back, will render a person intoxicated.  It did.  But not to be bested by a couple of bottles of cheap wine I went over to a friend's house and drank these also.




We might have had only one of these two bottles of wine, but I can't remember.  When I got home I fell asleep on the living room floor after having also eaten a xanax. At some point I made my way into the bedroom where I stayed until my back was hurting this morning from being in bed for too long.

My friend warned me to ease up on the Catholic priest / Mother Teresa jokes, saying that there are a lot of Catholics around here.  I suppose it is sensible to not make jokes about priests diddling young boys. I'm sure it's all just hearsay, speculation and wild imaginations anyhow.  I was once a Catholic, I suppose I still am, though I am a devout atheist catholic now, if there can be such a thing.

My wine recommendation for the day is stop after two bottles.  In fact, if you can limit yourself to one bottle you will be even that much better off.  You will have a little more spring in your step the next day.



"What I objected to was to be denied the right to sit in a small room and starve and drink cheap wine and go crazy in my own way and at my own leisure.”  - Charles Bukowski



No comments:

Post a Comment