Saturday, September 10, 2011

BearBoat, Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast, 2008





I drank my first glass of this wine in 27 seconds.  Things are looking good for this vintner so far. It wasn't a full glass, just a normal size glass, about at the halfway point of a relatively normal red wine glass. 

I've decided that it's best to write my reviews of the wine while I'm drinking it. The problem with that is that it distracts me from drinking and it adds time to my rating of it. I'll have to find a way of compensating for writing, or perhaps for handicapping wines that I drink while not writing.

That's absurd, I'll do no such thing.  

This winemaker also makes a Russian River Pinot, but I chose the Sonoma Coast one because I am a geography snob, a locale bigot.  

I prefer things from where I am, and generally detest things from other places, unless they're places I like to visit or have been told are cool by people whose approval I seek, etc.

I'm over halfway done with this bottle and I'm at:




Not bad, not bad at all, this non compos nectar.  I highly suggest it.  There are many factors involved in my assessment, you see... I almost went into San Francisco after work, to meet people younger than I, most likely to do some mild drugs and drink whiskey with them, at first, but instead I didn't... Hero that I am... I went home to my pregnant wife, stopping at the wine store and treating myself to this message inna bottle, which was only $18.99.  Not that a $19 bottle of wine is a treat but I wasn't even going to write an entry today.  I did it for you, humble reader.

Also, it is Saturday. ... 

In my younger and moorish venereal beers my fathead gave me some anvil that I've been turning over, mr. mine, ever-senses.


Ok, I'm drinking full glasses now, the bottle is nearly gone.  Well, the bottle is still here, but its contents have gone on to a better place


My absent gods !!!!....  Isn't a nice bottle of wine a wonderful thing...? 





No comments:

Post a Comment